DIY a Modern Pegboard

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Let's ignore my messy shelves on the side. Still working on them(haha)

A few weeks ago I came across a pegboard on Etsy that was about $300. I completely fell in love with it. Just raw wood with shelves and so perfect. 
Truth is that if it's on Etsy, you'll find a tutorial somewhere on the web, and I did. 
The only reasons I waited a few weeks to make this dreamy pegboard was because
1. I did not have ANY of the tools needed.
2. I was coming home soon, and my awesome brother and dad are here to help!



I have a ton of decor pieces that needed a home, and I thought these two pegboards would be perfect. I added these two to my living room and it truly is a statement.

I did a little tweaking to my board, and it came out amazing!
The original tutorial was a 2x3 board. I really envisioned mine to be split in half, and have that slight gap in between both. Also handy because I could move them around as I please.



Here are my measurements!

Each board measures 24" x 24".
We left 4" apart from the beginning of the board, and in between each hole made.
The shelves were cut into three different sizes: 6", 12", & 18"
and the dowels were cut to 5 1/2", which is the measurement of the depth of the shelves.

Supplies used:
Wood
Power drill + 3/4 spade bit
Sandpapaer - To sand the back of the board, and also inside the holes created.
Dowels 3/4
Ruler and Pencil


The tutorial states that we should drill the holes the same size as the dowels. However, when my brother did so, they were a bit loose, so they were slanted down. A quick fix was adding masking tape to the ends. On the second board we decided to drill the holes a little bit smaller, but it only made it extra hard to move the dowels around. It's all about trial and error!

Nonetheless I am extremely happy with these two!



Shout out to my brother for making my dreams come true.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2017 Aide Aparicio
Web Savvy Designs. Out of the FlyBird's Box.