DIY Duster bags / Shipping Idea

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Hi ya'll!
Today I'll be making a few duster bags (or drawstring bags) for shipping purposes.
I've been brainstorming a few ways to make my shipping packaging special and I think i've narrowed it down pretty well.
You can obviously buy these wholesale and save yourself some time, but I'm not ready to commit to a few hundred of these.
Ok. On to the project.

Supplies you'll need
Step 1:
Cut your pieces of fabric to your desired L&W. I cut mine to 16" x 10".
PSST: I folded the fabric over when I cut my pieces. That way the bottom of the bag is set.
Step 2:
At the top of the bag, fold over a little less than an inch twice. Pin, and sew along the bottom of the fold. Do the same to the other side. These folds will be used to run your string through.
Step 3. Sewing the two sides is easy. Run a straight stitch from bottom to top. Stopping where the fold starts.
Step 4: For this step, you can use a safety pin to run the string through the folds you created. I'm improvising because I couldn't find any. (what?! i know.) Cut two pieces of string to 55 inches. Start on your desired end of the fold & run your string all around. So now you have two string on one end.  Now do the same to the second fold. Cut your strings to desired length.
Step 5: Lastly, brand your drawstring bag. Place a piece of cardboard paper, or anything that won't have your ink transfer on to the back of the drawstring bag.

There are really a ton of ways to make these. To save time I found this to be the easiest and quickest way to make them. I purchased a yard and got three out of the same size. about 0.83 cents each!
Still a little more expensive than buying wholesale but these are extra special because they're handmade!



SaveSave

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2017 Aide Aparicio
Web Savvy Designs. Out of the FlyBird's Box.